Matonjeni is a Food & Beverage business established with a key objective of delivering world class quality products to consumers across Africa in selected markets at competitive prices
OUR END GOAL (Vision):
- We will be a Prominent Food & Beverage business in Central, East & Southern Africa
- This will represent in the short term, (5 years), over 200 Million consumers In 8 countries and in the medium term (8 years), 379 Million consumer in 11 countries
- Through a Simple, Replicable and Transportable Business Model we will be a dominant player in the categories we participate in, in the markets we chose to operate in.
- The African roll-out will be in seven major horizons spanning eight years and eleven countries.
- The roll out will cover countries with combined population of over 379 million people.
- At maturity the roll out will position our business and its model as a prominent food business in the region.
OUR MEANS TO THE END (Strategy)
The Matonjeni proposition is powered through:
- A consumer Focused onslaught that will win major share of consumer spend in their daily life in the Region represented by a Basket of Powerful & relevant Food & Beverage Brands with technologically advanced & proprietary recipes (refer to brand catalogue)
- A supply chain onslaught that will drive costs down, drive efficiencies and quality up to power the consumer proposition in the SADC and COMESA and other markets.
- A trade Activation onslaught that uses superior route & channel activation technologies to make our business the most preferred supplier in our categories & most supported brands in the various trade channels
- A powerful Afro-centric distribution & logistical technologies that enable us to effectively & cost efficiently reach all key centers of consumption in Africa
OUR BUSINESS ETHIC & MANTRA
Every brand and every product launched by MATONJENI will be crafted to challenge
& eclipse the Market leader in each category.
The benchmark will always be World Class in terms of quality and technology yet Afro-Centric in terms of accessibility and affordability.
OUR COPRPORATE POSITIONING
The whole corporation adopted an “Umbrella” positioning. Each brand derives its
relevance from the “MATONJENI Master Brand” The positioning is based on a
legendary Rozvi empire built around the little place called Matonjeni!
Some brand carry a legend that gives it life and meaning beyond the basic product it serves.
As a result each brand conducts a unique “Dialogue” with the consumer. No consumer is ever indifferent to the MATONJENI range of brands, whether they believe or they doubt the legends!
The group has three major centres of expertise & focus:
Guru Uswa (The Brand House)The brand owning and brand development and category activation unit Brand & recipe architecture, recipe research & development, consumer & trade activation technologies & systems
InterlinkThe Global procurement arm for all operations across the region and including toll manufacturing for all food products in South Africa and selected affiliates. This is designed to, and has developed a powerful supply chain that not only buys fluently but also sets up strategic alliances that bring investment, R & D, Regional reach and cost efficiency.
Matonjeni AffiliatesThese are affiliate companies set up in the selected countries / markets and operate to manufacture and market the brand propositions designed and formulated by the brand house and powered by the Interlink supply chain